Windows offers different ways to start the computer, and the “Last Known Good Configuration” option is one of them. It is a recovery option available in the Advanced Boot Options menu, which is created for all editions as well as versions of the Windows 7. It offers an easy way to boot the system in good condition and perform Troubleshoot for further issues.
Boot Windows Into Last Known Good Configuration
Unfortunately, Microsoft removed this boot mode for Windows 10, but there are different other Advanced Recovery options. Now a question arises “How to Boot Windows Into the Last Known Good Configuration” So, In this article, we will give thorough information to use the “Last Known Good Configuration” option easily. Apart from it, we also include a few Safe Mode tips for Windows 10 that can be a good alternative to the “Last Known Good Configuration” option.
What Is “Last Known Good Configuration” Option?
As we know, Windows 7 is one of the most known operating systems, but it has some issues such as misconfigured system setting, failed update, improper driver installation. Sometimes your device may be infected by malware that can create issues in accessing the system, and it can lock your pc. In this case, “Last Known Good Configuration,” the recovery option comes in a picture to save your system. This Recovery option fixes various problems such as:
- It can fix the blue screen of death issue after the driver update.
- It recovers your system from trojans, rootkits, and viruses
- It fixes the automatic update process when it stops your PC.
- It can fix newly-installed hardware that conflicts with other devices.
- How to Fix Windows Taskbar not Hiding
- How to Add Grammarly For Word on Mac
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu not Working
- How to Fix Plugged In Not Charging Error on Windows 10
How To Boot Windows Into Last Known Good Configuration?
- First, turn off your computer completely, then start your computer again and wait for the manufacturer’s logo like Dell, Acer, Lenovo, etc.
- Now, wait until the manufacturer’s logo disappears and press F8(some laptops require the Fn key).
- In case you come to the Windows loading screen, you have to go back to the first process and repeat it until you open the Advanced Boot Options.
- Now use the Arrow keys for selecting “Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)” from the list of available options.
- At last, press the Enter key for selecting the Last Known Good Configuration Configuration option as the booting method. Now you can boot into your system without any issue.
How to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode while booting (Last Known Good Configuration Alternative)?
- As per the alternative of the Last Known good configuration Windows 10, Windows 10 offers a Windows 10 safe mode option.
- Turn off your device completely, start your device, and try to access the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
- After entering into the Windows Recovery Environment option, you will see the “Choose an option” page.
- Now go through the options given below:
- Troubleshoot> Advanced options>Startup Settings> Restart.
- Finally, your system will restart automatically. After boot up, you will see a list of different options, so select Safe mode through it.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix “How to Boot Windows Into the Last Known Good Configuration”. So as we have previously discussed, Windows offers different ways to start the computer, and the “Last Known Good Configuration” option is one of them. It is a recovery option available in the Advanced Boot Options menu, which is created for all editions as well as versions of the Windows 7. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in: