Windows offers different ways to start the computer, and the Last Known Good Configuration option is one of them. It is a recovery option available in the Advanced Boot Options menu, created for all editions and versions of Windows 7. It offers an easy way to boot the system in good condition and perform Troubleshoot for further issues.
What is the Last Known Good Configuration Option?
Last Known Good Configuration is a recovery option that comes in a picture to save your system. As we know, Windows 7 is one of the most known operating systems, but it has some issues such as misconfigured system settings, failed update, improper driver installation. Sometimes your device may be infected by malware that can create topics in accessing the system, and it can lock your PC. This Recovery option fixes various problems such as:
- It can improve the blue screen of death(BSD) issue after the driver update.
- It recovers your system from trojans, rootkits, and viruses.
- It fixes the automatic update process when it stops your PC.
- It can select newly-installed hardware that conflicts with other devices.
What is the Problem Fixed by Last Known Good Configuration?
The LNGC Fixed the Below Problems.
- A driver updates Error Fixed.
- Windows Update and Automatic Windows Update Error are Fixed.
- Infections, trojans, and rootkits meddling with your PCs ordinary startup arrangement
- Recently introduced equipment clashing with different gadgets
- Recently oriented programming erroneously composed or fighting with various projects
What are the Problems not Fixed by the Last Known Good Configuration?
The LNGC does Not fix the Below Problems.
- Driver Related Problems are not solved.
- Driver and Programs Crashes Problem not solved.
- Computer Performance Problem Is not Solved.
Boot the Last Known Good Configuration in Windows 10
Unfortunately, Microsoft removed this boot mode for Windows 10, but there are other Advanced Recovery options. This article will give thorough information to use the LNGC option easily. We also include a few Safe Mode tips for Windows 10 that can be an excellent alternative.
How To Boot Windows Into Last Known Good Configuration?
- First, turn off your computer completely, start your computer again and wait for the manufacturer’s logo like Dell, Acer, Lenovo, etc.
- Now, wait until the manufacturer’s logo disappears and press F8 Key(some laptops require the FN key).
- In case you come to the Windows loading screen, you have to go back to the first process and repeat it until you open the Advanced Boot Options.
- Now use the Arrow keys for selecting Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) from the list of available options.
- At last, press the Enter key for selecting the Last Known Good Configuration Configuration option as the booting method. Now you can boot into your system without any issue.
How to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode while booting?
- As per the alternative, Windows 10 offers a Windows 10 safe mode option.
- Turn off your device completely, start your device, and try to access the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
- After entering into the Windows Recovery Environment option, you will see the “Choose an option” page.
- Now go through the options given below:
- Troubleshoot> Advanced options>Startup Settings> Restart.
- Finally, your system will restart automatically. After boot up, you will see a list of different options, so select Safe mode through it.
This article has offered complete information on How to Boot Windows 10 Into the Last Known Good Configuration. So as we have previously discussed, Windows provides different ways to start the compute. It is a recovery option available in the Advanced Boot Options menu, created for all editions and versions of Windows 7. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any questions if you have queries.
You may also be interested in:
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Key is not working in Windows 10?
- How to Uninstall Chromium in Windows 10?
- How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace?
- How to Install Microsoft Visio 2020?
- How to Fix Windows Taskbar not Hiding?
- How to Add Grammarly For Word on Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu not Working?
- How to Fix Plugged In Not Charging Error on Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Hello Not Working?