If you have connected your Mac with a particular Wi-Fi network, you lost Wifi’s password, then it can create trouble because you can’t use your other devices on that particular Wi-Fi because you don’t have a password to make a connection. Wi-Fi is a great technology to use the internet through wireless, but it is hard to remember a password. Check here How to find a WIFI password on mac?
It is easy to find a wifi password on a Mac, so if you want to Find a Wifi password, then this article is for you. In this article, you will describe different ways to “How do I find wifi password on Mac” so you can use these ways to tackle your issues easily. This article will help you find the password to share it with others or save it at other places of work security.
How To Find Wifi Password On Mac?
#1. Use Terminal on Mac
- You need to open the Terminal, so you can use the Spotlight Search and open it.
- After opening it, you have to type the “security find-generic-password -ga WIFI NAME | grep “password:” command and replace the “WIFI NAME” from the name of your wifi network.
- You will be redirected to the username and password after entering the command successfully.
- In case you don’t remember your username, you can click on the Apple icon from the top-left corner screen.
- At last, you can see the password under the enter command after successful authentication.
See More: How to Find Password on Windows 10?
#2. By Keychain Access on Mac
- You need to open your Keychain Access so you can open it from the Spotlight Search.
- After that, click on the System option and select the Passwords below Categories.
- Now, find the network’s name, which you want to access, and then open it.
- After opening it, you will get a redirect for the authentication, so provide username and password, but in case you don’t know the username, then you can find it by clicking on the icon of Apple from the top-left of the screen.
- You can finally see your password at the box on the side of the “Show Password” button.
This article has complete information on “how to find a Wifi password on Mac.” As we have previously discussed, if you have connected your Mac with a particular Wi-Fi network, you lost Wifi’s password, then it can create trouble because you can’t use your other devices on that particular Wifi because you don’t have a password to make a connection. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any questions if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Record Screen on Mac?
- How to Force Quit an App on Mac?
- How to Optimize Windows 10 For Gaming?
- How to Change Default Fonts on Mac?
- How to Fix Windows Key Not Working in Windows 10?
- How to Save the Unsaved Word Document?
- How to Install Fonts of Word on Mac?
- How to Add Grammarly For Word on Mac?