Err_cache_miss is an error that occurs when Google Chrome browser has problems in its caching system. Many users, as well as application and web developers, are also facing this Err_cache_miss error from Google chrome.
This error occurs when a developer is testing the application using wrong codes, and you will also get this error at the time of browsing a specific website. You may also see this error while browsing particular websites in Google Chrome.
As we have previously mentioned, the caching system plays a major role in the err_cache_miss error, and the caching system is related to the specific website and a web-based application because of the wrong codes in the website.
Apart from it, bugs, wrong browser setting, and corrupted extensions can also cause this err_cache_miss error. So in this article, we are offering different ways to fix the err_cache_miss in Google Chrome.
What Is Err_cache_miss Error?
Users face this Err_Cache_Miss error due to the cache issues of that particular website or Google Chrome. Other than that it causes due to the coding errors of the website as well as bugs and poorly configured settings. Various ways can remove Err_Cache_Miss error, so in this article, you will get thorough information to resolve it.
How To Fix Err_cache_miss Error?
Clear Browsing Data of Google Chrome
- First, you need to open Google Chrome then click on More option, which is three dots at the top right corner of the browser.
- Now select settings then go in the bottom and click on the Advanced option.
- Find the option of Clear browsing data then click on it.
- You will see a box where all of the three options are marked by default which are Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Remember you don’t have to unmark any of these options because these require to be cleared.
- At last restart, your Google Chrome for resolving the error.
- How to Fix err_too_many-redirects in Google Chrome
- How to Fix Google Chrome Keeping Crashing in Google Chrome
- How to Uninstall Chromium in Windows 10
Disable The Cache System
You can disable the caching system through the Development tool that can help you to resolve the err_cache_miss error.
First, you need to press Ctrl, Shift, I and F1 then select Disable cache from DevTools. Now load the webpage by pressing Ctrl and F5 key on your keyboard.
Remove Extensions From Google Chrome
- First, open Google Chrome and click on the More option then select More tools.
- Now click on the Extensions, or you can enter chrome://extensions/ in the browser and press Enter key.
- At last click on the Remove button on an extension which is not needed then check for the err_cache_miss error.
Update Google Chrome
- If your browser is not updated, then click on the More icon which is a three-dot icon, then click on the Help option and choose About Google Chrome.
- Now, chrome will search for any new update automatically, so in case there is any update required then it will download that update.
- After a successful update, click on the “Relaunch” button, and it will resolve the err_cache_miss error.
Reset Google Chrome
- If you want to reset your Google chrome, then you have to click on the More option and select Settings.
- Now scroll the page and click on the Advanced option then go to the Reset and clean up section.
- At last, click on the Restore settings to their original defaults and click on the Reset settings button. After the successful completion of the process, restart your browser and check for the err_cache_miss error.
Reset Your Network Settings
- First, press Windows and S keys on your keyboard for launching the search bar.
- Now type “cmd” in the dialogue box and right-click on that application then select “Run as administrator”.
- For execution type the following commands one by one by pressing Enter key after every command:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
- After the successful execution of commands, you need to restart your system and check for the err_cache_miss error.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix err_cache_miss error in Google Chrome. So as we have previously discussed, this error occurs when a developer is testing the application using wrong codes, and you will also get this error at the time of browsing a specific website. You may also see this error while browsing particular websites in Google Chrome. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Delete A Page in Word
- How to Insert Textbox In Google Docs
- How to Change Margin in Google Docs
- How to Add Grammarly For Word on Mac
- How to Fix Resetting Your PC Error on Windows
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu not Working
- How to Fix Sedlauncher.exe High Disk Usages Error
- How to Fix Plugged in Not Charging issue on Windows
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working Error