Laptop users get the mobility to use and take their computer system anywhere, but they need to charge their laptops according to battery life or their device. So, it is essential to see the battery percentage of the laptop, but sometimes users face the battery icon missing in windows 10 issue.
How to Fix the Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10?
It becomes quite problematic for the users because they cannot see the battery percentage so they can’t get the information about the battery life of their laptop. If you faced Power icon missing or greyed out the issue, then this article will help you tackle this issue by understanding “how to fix battery icon missing in Windows 10”
How To Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10?
1. Scan For Any Hardware Changes
- First press Windows and X key and select Device Manager in the Quick Access Menu.
- After opening the Device Manager, you need to click at the Action.
- Select Scan for hardware changes and open the Batteries category then make sure that the list has both of the device shown below
2. Microsoft AC Adapter
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
- At last restart, the system checks that you have resolved the Battery icon missing issue.
3. Update Your Windows 10
- First, you need to open Settings from the Start menu, or you can open it by pressing Windows, and I key on your keyboard.
- Now click on the Update & Security option then click on the option of Check for updates.
- Your system will download the update if it finds any required one.
- In case your system downloads the update then you have to click on the Install
- After the successful installation of the update, restart your system and check for the error again.
- How to Fix Windows key not working in Windows 10
- How to Fix Plugged In Not Charging Error in Windows
- How to Boot Windows 10 into Last Known Good Configuration
4. Turn On Windows 10 Battery Icon
- First, open the Taskbar setting by clicking on the empty space of the taskbar.
- Now scroll down the page and go to the Notification area then select Turn system icons on/off.
- Go down in the page then select the Power toggle switch for turning it on.
- In case the battery icon doesn’t appear on the screen then go to the taskbar settings again and choose “Select which icons appear on the taskbar” through Notification area section.
- Now go in the Power option and toggle the switch to the “On” setting. It will turn on the battery icon option at the screen.
5. Perform A System File Checker Scan
- First press Windows and R keys on the on-screen keyboard ( you need to do a long click on the Windows button then you can press R keys to make the shortcut work.)
- It will start Run Utility, so type “cmd” then press the Ctrl, Shift and Enter keys on the keyboard.
- It will launch the Command Prompt with required administrative permissions.
- Now click on Yes for allowing the Command Prompt to create changes on the system.
- after opening the Command Prompt and type the below command then press Enter for executing it:
- At the last system will scan and repair all of the corrupted files so restart your computer for implementing the changes.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix the battery icon missing in Windows 10. So as we have previously discussed, it is essential to see the battery percentage of the laptop, but sometimes users face the windows 10 battery icon missing. It becomes quite problematic for the users because they cannot see the battery percentage so they can’t get the information about the battery life of their laptop. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- Fix Windows Key not working in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working on Windows
- How to Fix Resetting Your PC Error on Windows 10
- How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Task Bar not Hiding in Full Screen
- How to Fix Windows 10 Smart Menu Not Working