If you are a laptop user, then you know that it is important to manage the battery life of your device. However, the Windows 7 operating system has an issue where your device shows “Plugged In, Not Charging” error. This error can create major issues for you because you will not be able to take your laptop outside for urgent work. Now a question arises “ how to fix plugged in not charging error in windows 7” so in this article we will give you a complete answer and ways to tackle Laptop Plugged in not Charging or Laptop battery not Charging issue easily.
Plugged In Not Charging Error on Windows 7
How To Fix Plugged In Not Charging Error In Windows 7?
1. Unplug Then Plug back The AC Charger
It is the easiest method to resolve “Plugged In Not Charging” error so unplug the charger then plug it after some time. It will recalibrate the charging system and recalibrate and realign the battery with your charging system.
2. Adjust Power Settings
First, click on the Start Menu and go in the Control Panel.
Now select Power Options then click on the Change Battery Settings.
At last choose power options according to your convenience.
3. Connect Your Charger Directly to AC Source( Remove Power Surge Protector)
If you use a power surge protector then you can connect your AC charger directly to the source because “Plugged In, Not Charging” error may have occurred due to the damaged power surge protector.
Update The Battery Drivers Manually
1. First, press Windows and R keys for opening the Run Utility.
2. Now type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and click on the OK icon then open the “Batteries” category.
3. After that, right-click on the “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery” and choose “Update Driver Software.”
4. At last select “Search automatically for updated driver software.” and wait till your system find any required update and download it.
- How to Fix Unidentified Network in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Too Many Redirect Error in Google Chrome?
- How to Fix Windows 10 Scrolling by Itself Error?
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing Error in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Screen Saver Not Working?
Update BIOS Of Your System
1. First, press Windows and R keys for opening the Run Utility and “msinfo32” then click on the OK button.
2. Now find the “BIOS Version/Date” line then check the current BIOS of your system.
3. Go to the website of the manufacturer then look for any updated version of BIOS. If you find any update, then download and install it in your system.
4. At last check for the “Plugged In, Not Charging” error.
Turn Off Battery Life Extender
(It is only applicable for Samsung laptops)
1. First, open the Start menu and go in the All programs>Samsung >Battery Life Extender.
2. You need to make sure that “Normal Battery Mode (100% Charge)” is selected and click the OK
3. At last, restart the laptop then check if charging works.
(It is applicable for all Windows 7 laptops)
4. Turn off your laptop then press the power button and hold F2 or F10 key while the system is booting UP. ( some laptop support Fn key too)
5. It will open the BIOS interface so switch to the “Advanced” tab.
6. Finally, go in the “Battery Life Cycle Extension” and check that it’s disabled.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix “plugged in not charging” error in Windows 7. So as we have previously discussed, Laptop Battery not Charging error can create major issues for you because you will not be able to take your laptop outside for urgent work. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working on Windows 7?
- How to Fix Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows?
- How to Fix Sedlauncher.exe Error on Windows?
- How to Uninstall Chromium in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Key Not Working in Windows 10?
- How to Find Wifi Password in Windows 10?
- How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 80244019?
- How to Boot Windows 10 Into Last Known Good Configuration?