If you are a laptop or PC user, then you may have faced a problem in the network connectivity when you try to connect to a specific network and get the “Unidentified network” error. This error occurs because of incorrect settings of the IP configuration, or the network settings are set incorrectly. It doesn’t matter that you have wireless or ethernet connection, Windows 10 systems are unprotected to the network issue, preventing you from connecting to any network. This “Ethernet Unidentified Network” error is present in the operating system since older generations. In case you have faced, you know that the “Windows 10 Unidentified Network” or No Internet Access Error is frustrating to resolve. Now a question arises “how to fix Unidentified Network error,” so in this article, we will give you every possible way to fix this error.
How To Fix “Unidentified Network” Error In Windows 10?
Turn off The Flight Mode
- First, click on the taskbar’s network icon (It is present in the notification area at your screen’s bottom right). In case you don’t find it there, then click on the upwards arrow for seeing hidden items.
- Now check for the Flight mode, if it is enabled, then click on the ti is turned on. If so, click on the Flight mode icon again to disable it.
- At last, try to reconnect the network and look for the “Unidentified Network” error again.
Reinstalling The Network Adapter Driver
- For reinstalling the network adapter driver, open the Device Manager and go in the Network Adapters list in the Windows 10.
- Now, right-click on the network adapter then select the ‘Uninstall device.’
- Reboot your device after successful uninstallation of the driver then reinstall it.
- At last, check for the issue again.
Update The Network Adapter Driver
- First, press Windows and X on your keyboard then select Device Manager.
- Now, go in the Network adapters list and right-click on the network adapter, then select ‘Update driver.’
- After that, click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and update your driver.
- At last, wait for the completion of the update and restart your device to make changes.
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows
- How to Fix Windows Screensaver Not Working
- How to Fix Windows Key Not Working in Windows 10
Run Your Windows Troubleshooter
- You need to click on the Windows icon() from the bottom left of the screen and choose Settings, or you can press the Windows, and I key for opening it.
- Now select the Network & Internet and remember you make sure that you have selected the Status tab.
- After that, click on the Network troubleshooter, then wait till the troubleshooter detects any issue and follow all on-screen instructions for fixing them.
Reboot Router And Modem
- Unplug the router and modem and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, plug the modem back and wait for a minute.
- After that, plug your router back and wait for a minute.
- It will reboot your router and modem then look for the “Unidentified Network” error again.
Renew The IP address And Flush The DNS cache
- First, press the Windows and X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Now type or copy/paste ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew commands in it.
- It will renew the IP address, so use ipconfig /flushdns commands for flushing any DNS cache.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix “How To Fix Unidentified Network Error In Windows 10”. So as we have previously discussed, It doesn’t matter that you have wireless or ethernet connection, Windows 10 systems are unprotected to the network issue, preventing you from connecting to any network. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in: