Screensaver is a feature that appears on the screen when your system is inactive for a predefined time. Many people use the screensaver in Windows to protect important on-screen information when they are not available in front of the screen. Windows 10 offers many pre-loaded screensavers, and there is various software which can be used for creating screensaver according to you. However, many users find that Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working.
It becomes quite irritating for the users when they see that windows 10 screensaver not working in their system. So in this article, we will give different ways to eliminate the “screensaver is not working in Windows 10” issue.
Why Is My Screensaver Not Working In Windows 10?
There are many reasons behind your screensaver is not working in Windows 10 and Windows 8. So it occurs because the drivers of your system are not updated, or maybe you are using any screensaver app, or maybe screensaver settings are not appropriate.
How To Fix Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working?
1. From Screensaver Settings on Windows 10
- First click on the Start Menu then select “Control Panel”
- In the Control Panel, click on the “Appearance and Personalization” then select “Change screen saver” below the “Personalization option.”
- You can also press Windows, and I key to open settings then “Personalization” and “Lock Screen.” Next, click on the Screen Saver.
- Below “Screen Saver,” go on the drop-down menu then select the Screen saver according to you.
- Now you can choose the wait option for selecting the number of minutes of inactivity before the activation of the screensaver. Apart from it, you can choose On resume, display the logon screen option for locking the system automatically before activation of the screensaver.
- At last click on the “Apply” icon and “OK” for finishing the setup.
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10?
- How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace?
- How to Fix Windows Taskbar not Hiding?
- How to Fix Windows key not working on Windows 10?
- How to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro?
- How to Boot Windows 10 into Last Knows Good Configuration?
- How to Fix Windows Hello Not Working?
2. Update Windows 10
- First, press the Windows key to open Start Menu then select Settings from it.
- Click on the Update & security category and select Windows Update from the option list then click on Check for updates button.
- Update & security section.
- If there is any update required then your system will download, so click on the install button after downloading the update.
- At last restart your system to apply changes.
3. Run DISM
- You need to press Windows, and the R key for opening the Run Utility then type Cmd and press Ctrl, Shift and Enter key on your keyboard for running the command as administrator.
- Now type the below command( you have to press Enter key after every command):
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and press Enter Key
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and press Enter Key
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter Key
- At last, type exit for closing the command prompt windows then restart your system for making changes.
4. Run System File Checker Scan
- First press Windows and R keys on the on-screen keyboard ( you need to do a long click on the Windows button then you can press R keys to make the shortcut work.)
- It will start Run Utility, so type “cmd” then press the Ctrl, Shift and Enter keys on the keyboard.
- It will launch the Command Prompt with required administrative permissions.
- Now click on Yes for allowing the Command Prompt to create changes on the system.
- after opening the Command Prompt and type the below command then press Enter for executing it:
- At the last system will scan and repair all of the corrupted files so restart your computer for implementing the changes.
5. Reset Power Management
- Go in the Control Panel and click on the System and Security then select the Power Options.
- There will be a current power plan, so click on the Change plan settings and go in the change advanced power settings.
- Click on the Restore plan defaults button in the Advanced settings.
6. Clean Mouse Pad And Mouse Sensor
Sometimes unclean mouse pad or mouse sensor occurs this type of issue because they detect direction and movement. For cleaning the mouse, you have to flip it and use a towel or a little cotton swab for doing gently. You can also clean or replace the mouse pad if there is too much dust upon it.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix Windows 10 screensaver not working. So as we have previously discussed, Windows 10 offers many pre-loaded screensavers, and there is various software which can be used for creating screen saver Windows 10 according to you. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in: