Sometimes apps can freeze your Mac, and it stops responding for a long time. Overuse of apps can also result in a freeze of Mac, and it takes a long time to close these apps. You need to keep in your mind that you cannot close these apps by quitting them easily. So in this article, we are providing different ways to tackle this issue easily so you can learn how to force quit on Mac.
How to Force Quit on Mac?
Shut Down your System to Force Quit on Mac
For shutting down your Mac, you have to press your power button long to restart or sleep or shut it down. It will automatically quit all apps and cool down your device, but it affects your motherboard of the device.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts
- First, you need to press the Opt + Cmd + Esc keys on the keyboard
- (In some Mac devices, Opt key is labelled as Alt)
- It will automatically force quit application windows in your Mac
- Now, select that particular application which you want to force quit.
Start Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open the Activity Monitor, so click on the Magnifying glass located at the top-right corner of the screen and type ‘Activity Monitor’ at the text box.
- After selecting the Activity Monitor, you will see a complete list of apps running in your device. So, select the particular app which you want to close and click on the stop sign at the top-left corner.
By Apple Menu
- You can force quit the applications through the Apple menu, so first click on the Apple icon which is located at the top left of the screen.
- Now you have to select the Force Quit option at the bottom of the drop-down list and It will force quit on Mac.
- You can manually close down the application by right-clicking at the misbehaving app in the Dock(You can also Ctrl-Click instead of Right-Click).
- Now, press and hold the Option key so it will force quit in the complete option list.
You can use the Finder to Force Stop on Mac
- First, you need to click on the Apple icon at the top-left corner of the screen then select the Force Quit option from the list.
- It will start the window of Force Quit Applications, and you can select that particular application which you want to quit.
- After selecting the application, your system will close that specific application.
In this article, we have provided complete information to force quit on Mac. The freeze of the system creates various issues in your device because it can heat and slow down your system. You can use these ways to force quit these apps. You can use these ways to force quit the applications, so these ways are useful and easy to use for You.
You may be also interested in: