In Microsoft Word, the horizontal line works to separate different areas of the documents like diagrams, chapters and appendices. It is easy to choose a line style in Microsoft Word so you can use different ways to insert a horizontal in a word. You can easily ensure that the line is perfectly straight or appropriate for your document. Now a question arises “how to insert a horizontal line in the word” so in the article are giving thorough information to insert line in word easily.
How to Insert a Horizontal Line in Word?
From Menu option
- First, you need to put the cursor at the place where you are about to add a horizontal line in the document.
- Open the home tab through the Ribbon interface at the top of the screen, and it is the default tab when the user creates or opens any document in Word.
- At the paragraph section, you have to click at the arrow next to the Borders icon.
- Now select the horizontal through the drop-down menu so it will insert a solid line in the document which can be customized.
- You can customize the line by double-clicking on the line, and it will open Format Horizontal Line dialogue box so you can change all of the properties then click the OK button.
From Shape Functions
- First, you need to put the cursor at the place where you are about to insert a horizontal line in the document.
- Now select the Insert tab in Ribbon interface, you can find this on the top of your screen.
- You have to expand the shape group menu and select that particular line(Horizontal and Vertical Line) you want to insert in your document.
- Now click then drag the courser in the document for drawing line, or you can hold the shift key so that you can make sure that the line is aligned perfectly.
- For customizing the line, you can choose the shape format and customize the line easily.
From shortcut Keys
There are different shortcut keys for inserting horizontal lines so have to press the right keys and press enter to execute.
For inserting a solid double line
Type three equal signs (===) and press Enter
For inserting a Dotted line
Type three asterisks (***) and press Enter
For inserting a solid single horizontal line
Type three hyphens (—) and press Enter
For inserting a Bold single line
Type three underline symbols (___) and press Enter
For inserting a Wavy line
Type three tildes (~~~) and press Enter
For inserting Triple line with a thick centre
Type three number signs (###) & and press Enter
In this article, we have provided complete information to How to insert a horizontal line in Word in different ways. So as we have previously discussed, it is easy to choose a line style in Microsoft Word so you can use different ways to add a horizontal in a word. You can easily ensure that the line is perfectly straight or appropriate for your document.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Merge Cells in MS Excel
- How to Remove Hyperlinks in MS Word
- How to Download Microsoft Visio
- How to add TextBox in Google Docs
- How to Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- How to Insert Horizontal Line in Word
- How to delete an Unwanted Page in MS Word
- How to Add Grammarly For Word on Mac
- How to Add Fonts to Word on Mac