As we know, fonts are one of the coolest features of mac because this amazing device comes with a great collection of fonts that can be used at different platforms. There are a huge number of free and low-cost fonts available online for your mac. You can surf on the internet to get the perfect font for a device. If you use Word, then you can turn your work into an enjoyable one by using different fonts. Now a question arises “ how to install fonts to Word on mac” so in this article you will get the answer to How to add fonts to word easily.
How to Install Fonts to Word on Mac?
Note: both the macOS and OS X can use fonts in different formats, and these fonts include OpenType (.otf), Type 1 (PostScript), Multiple Master (OS X 10.2 and later), TrueType Collection (.ttc), TrueType (.ttf), .dfont etc.
Usually, you will see these fonts defined as Windows fonts. Still, there is a great possibility that these fonts will work fine on the Mac, particularly the fonts whose filenames end with the “.ttf” that means they are TrueType Fonts.
How to Install Fonts Only for Your Account?
- In case you want the downloadable fonts to only be available to you so install them in the personal library folder in the username/Library/Fonts.
- You have to make sure to replace the username with the name of your home folder.
- You will notice that the personal library folder is not present because both macOS and older OS X operating systems hide the library folder.
In case you want that your fonts should be available for others who use your device then drag them to the Library/Fonts folder. This Library folder is present on the startup drive of Mac.
- Double click on the startup drive button on your Mac to have access to the Library folder.
- Now you can drag the new fonts to that Fonts folder, and you will need to provide an administrator password for making changes to the Fonts folder.
How to Install Fonts for All Network Users
- First, you need to install fonts with Font book then take a screenshot of Font Book on your macOS
- The Font Book application comes with the Mac that simplifies the managing process of the fonts. It also covers viewing, installing, uninstalling, and organizing them.
In this article, we have provided complete information on how to install fonts on Mac without any trouble. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries. So as we have previously discussed, there are a huge number of free and low-cost fonts available online for your mac. You can surf on the internet to get the perfect font for a device.
You may be also interested in: