Many of you used Microsoft Word and experienced a situation where you accidentally closed a document without saving it then you think you probably thought that you lost your document. So, don’t worry about that because you can still recover that particular file easily. Now a question arises how to recover an unsaved word document. So, in this article, we will offer thorough details to recover an unsaved word document easily.
How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document 2020?
Make sure that you are using (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, Office 365 and Word for Mac) one of the versions of Microsoft Word because these ways are only applicable to these versions.
How to Recover Word Document 2020
From Recover Unsaved Documents Function in Word
- First, you need to click on the File tab / Manage Documents then click on the Manage Document button.
- Click on the unsaved recover document from the drop-down list.
- Now you will see a dialogue box of the unsaved document list so select the desired one and open it.
- It will open that particular unsaved document and a recommendation document to save the file.
- At last click on the save as button then save the document.
This feature is especially for the non-subscribers so here is a way to recover unsaved word document:
- First, you need to go on the File tab and select the option through the left side pane.
- Now you will see a new window that has different settings of Word so switch to the save tab at the left pane.
- After that, select the Save AutoRecover Information Every X Minutes check box.
- Now manually enter the minutes you want in-between each saves so usually people recommend inputting somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes.
- You need to make sure that you have selected the Keep the Last AutoRecovered Version if I Close Without Saving option.
- At last click on the OK button for finalizing the changes.
From Temporary Files Manually
- First, open the file explorer then go to the folder below:
- You need to make sure that you have replaced the user with the local Windows username, or else that path will be incorrect.
- Apart from it, you can paste this string in the Run application (press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open it)
- In this folder, you will see a list of the unsaved files so select that particular you want to recover.
- You can right-click on that selected file then click the copy option by the context menu, and you can also use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl and C key.
- Now go to the desired folder and paste that file or you can press Ctrl and V keys to paste it.
In this article, we have complete information to recover an unsaved word document easily. So as we have previously discussed, many of you used Microsoft Word and experienced a situation where you accidentally closed a document without saving it then you think you probably thought that you lost your document. This article will help you to how to recover a Word Document, So, don’t worry about that because you can still recover that particular file easily.
You may be also interested in: