Windows Defender is an inbuilt antivirus of Windows 10, and it is designed to keep your system safe from unwanted malware and viruses. It works as a great alternative to various antiviruses because it is designed and developed by Microsoft. In case you want to install any third-party antivirus like Avast, Norton, Quick Heal, and Kaspersky, you need to disable Windows Defender antivirus in Windows 10. In this article, we will give you thorough details on “How to Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10”.
What is Windows Defender in Windows 10?
Windows Defender is a feature of Windows 10, which is pre-installed software, and it can protect your system from various spyware, ransomware, and viruses. In some cases, users find it a little problematic because users can’t install other anti-viruses because Windows Defender is enabled in their system.
How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10?
How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 Permanently?
- First, press Windows and R key on the keyboard to open the Run utility, then type “Regedit” in the command box and click on the OK button.
- It will open a run as administrator pop up window, so you need to click on Yes to process it.
- Now, in the new window, search the below command at the search bar and press the Enter key:
- After that, right-click on the folder of Windows Defender and select New from the menu.
- In this option, you need to choose the DWORD (32-bit) Value by the right window, and then right-click on the “New Value #1” file and choose the “Rename” option.
- Now, rename it and put the name DisableAntiSpyware then double click on the DisableAntiSpyware DWORD file.
- In the pop-up window, change the value data from 0 to 1, then click on the OK button.
- At last, restart your device to make changes.
How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 Temporarily?
- You have to open the Start menu, click on the windows icon on your screen, then click on the Settings icon for opening it. You can also use shortcut keys, which are Windows, and the I key to open Settings option.
- In the Settings, go in the Update and Security and go in the Windows security from the sidebar.
- After that, you need to go into the Virus & threat protection and click on the “Manage settings.”
- In the new window, you need to turn off the toggle below the “Real-time protection.”
- You can restart your system to make changes.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix “How to Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10” or “How to uninstall windows defender“. So as we have previously discussed, This is an inbuilt antivirus of Windows 10, and it is designed to keep your system safe from unwanted malware and viruses. It works as a great alternative to various antiviruses because it is designed and developed by Microsoft. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any questions if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 80244019?
- How to Fix Windows Hello not Working?
- How to Optimize Windows 10 For Gaming?
- How to Fix Windows Unidentified Network?
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows 10 Screen Saver Not Working?
- How to Fix Windows Key Not Working?
- How to Fix Resetting PC Error on Windows 10?
- How to Fix Windows Task Bar Hiding Error?