Google’s Chromium generates the basis of various web browsers such as Vivaldi, brave, opera and chrome itself. Chromium is used as a browser as well, but some malware or other issues cause problems that users are not able to uninstall Chromium. However, it is not impossible to fix this issue or Check How to remove Chromium in Windows. In case you are one of those users who are facing issues of Chromium uninstalling then this article is for you. So, in this article, we will offer thorough details on how to uninstall Chromium on Windows 10.
How To Uninstall Chromium On Windows 10?
What Is Chromium Browser?
Chromium Browser is a free tool which is developed and released by Google, which makes it a trustworthy tool to install in the system. It is created by Google using the major source code of Chrome web browser that means it is not malware. Still, there are different malware which can work as Chromium because browsers are open-sourced tools so anyone can access their code, modify and re-upload it on the internet. Hence, it is risky to download chrome from other sources.
How To Uninstall Chromium On Windows?
Uninstall Chromium From Control Panel
- First Go on the Start menu and open the Control Panel,
- In the Control Panel select Uninstall a program option and choose Chromium to form the list.
- Now click on the Uninstall button and select Uninstall in the dialogue box.
- It will uninstall Chromium from your system.
- Go in the AppData folder then completely remove the Chromium folder.
- At last empty your recycle bin so that all files of the Chromium can be removed permanently. Now restart your computer and check for any error.
End All Processes Of Chromium From Task Manager
- First, open the Task Manager by Right-clicking on the empty space taskbar then select Task Manager from the list. You can open it by pressing Ctrl, Shift and Esc key on your keyboard.
- In case you Task Manager loads in the compact mode then click on the “More Details” button at the lower-left.
- In the Process tab, single click on the “Chromium” and click on the “End task” button in the lower-right of your window.
- Now, Chromium will disappear from the list so you can also uninstall it from the control panel or from the Settings> Apps.
Reset The Browser Settings To Default
It can possible that the default web browser of your system may be changed so you can reset it through the process given below(based on the Google Chrome):
- First, open the web browser then click on the three dots at the upper right corner, which is more Menu of the browser.
- Now, select “Settings” then go in the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” section.
- Now, go in the bottom of the page and select “Reset and clean up” then click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults.”
- At last click on the “Reset settings” button then wait till Google Chrome launches again.
Scan Your System For Malware
- First, open the antivirus application then click on the “Scan” option
- Now, click on the “Start Scan” button for starting a malware scan on the system.
- Wait till the finish of the scan on your PC. If your antivirus finds any malware, then you need to remove it immediately.
- Your antivirus will allow you to delete all of the malicious files from your system.
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to uninstall Chromium on Windows 10. Following the above steps, you can Check How to Delete chromium from windows. So as we have previously discussed, Chromium is used as a browser as well, but some malware or other issues cause problems that users are not able to uninstall Chromium. However, it is not impossible to fix this issue or remove Chromium in Windows. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in: