The full form of HTML is referred to as HyperText Markup Language. It is used to create web pages and make them functional. Hypertext refers to links which provide connection of web pages to one another, either within a single website or between websites. HTML is used to make static pages. With the help of database connection and Web programming, it can be converted into dynamic pages.
HTML Full Form
HTML was first created by Tim Berners-Lee, Robert Cailliau in 1980.
The HTML pages are made more visually appealing by applying external styles to it with the help of Cascading Style Sheet (CSS).
The basic elements of an HTML page are:
- A text header, denoted using the <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5>, <h6> tags.
- A paragraph denoted using the <p> tag.
- A horizontal ruler denoted using the <hr> tag.
- A link, denoted using the <a> (anchor) tag.
- A list, denoted using the <ul> (unordered list), <ol> (ordered list) and <li> (list element) tags.
- An image, denoted using the <img> tag
- A divider, denoted using the <div> tag
- A text span, denoted using the <span> tag
- A Markup Language is a way used by computers to communicate with each other to define how text is processed and presented. To perform these functions, HTML uses two things: tags and attributes.
Tags are used to mark the start and end of the HTML element, whereas attributes hold additional information in the form of opening tags.
HTML provide features like HTML tables, HTML forms. HTML tables help to represent tabular data on a webpage in an understandable, accessible way. Form comes up with functionality for interacting with websites, such as registering, log in, ordering products online.
HyperText Markup Language (full form of HTML) documents can be delivered either by HTTP from a web server or by email. Most of the graphical email clients allow the use of HTML to provide formatting and semantic markup which are not available with plain text. This includes typographic information like-colored headings, emphasized and quoted text, online images, and diagrams. These clients include both a GUI editor for creating HTML e-mail messages and a rendering engine for displaying them.
Uses of HTML
- Following are some of how HTML can be used-
- Development of webpages
- Internet navigation
- Support in Data Entry
- HTML5 supports offline browser usage
- Development of games
Advantages of HTML
- Every browser supports HTML language is supported by every web browser.
- Easy to learn and use.
- It allows the use of a template for designing a webpage.
- No usage of software and no plug-ins make HTML to be free of cost.
- It is a search-friendly engine. Creation of SEO compliant website using HTML becomes easier compared to any other programming languages.
Disadvantages of HTML
- It can create only static and plain pages. HTML is not useful in creating dynamic pages.
- Need to write a lot of code for making a simple webpage.
- Security features are not good at HTML.
People Also Read: