PHP is a powerful tool and a server-side scripting language for making dynamic and interactive Web pages. Though there is no full form of PHP, this article will help you understand PHP in a much better way.
PHP Full Form | Hypertext Preprocessor
In layman’s terms, PHP is coded in the server or mainframe side and the changes are reflected in the end users side. It takes data from the end user and processes it on the server side rather than using the client or end user’s computer terminal.
It can also be used to interact with data stored in PHP and in building website functionalities. These functions could be signing up, ordering food, booking a movie ticket, etc. There are no. of server-side scripting languages. PHP is easy to learn. Websites like Yahoo, Wikipedia, and even internshala uses PHP. PHP is faster than any other languages like Java, C++, etc.
- Over the web, PHP source codes are available freely.
- PHP is available in all operating system like WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX & UNIX operating system.
- The PHP code can be easily embedded within HTML tags and script.
To install PHP, you need to install AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP)software stack. It is available for all operating systems like WAMP for windows, LAMP for Linux
PHP files have .php extensions. First, let’s learn about the echo statement.
The echo statement is used to display output in the browser. Eg.
<?php Echo “ I am the Batman!”; ?>
Output – I am the Batman
PHP Print statement can be used to print a string, multi-line strings, escaping characters, variable, array, etc
PHP Variables- A Variable in PHP is a name of the memory location that holds data temporarily.
A variable in PHP is declared using $ sign followed by a variable name.
PHP Constants are Identifier or names which can’t be changed during the execution of the script.
PHP constants can be defined in two ways:
- Using define() function
- Using const keyword
Magic constants are the predefined constants in PHP which gets changed on the basis of their use. They start and end with a double underscore(__).
If one wants to describe any line of code so that other developer can understand the code easily, then PHP can be used. If wants to hide any code, then this can be used.
- PHP If Else statement is used in order to test a condition.
- PHP For Loop can be used to traverse set if the code for the specified number of times.
- PHP Break statement breaks the execution of current or, while, do-while, switch and for each loop.
- PHP Functions is a piece of code that can be reused many times. It can take input as argument list and then return value. There are thousands of built-in functions in PHP.
- PHP String is a sequence of characters i.e. used to store and manipulate text.
- Above are some of the major functions of PHP. Thus due to self-explanatory expressions of PHP, its easy to learn and apply the language.
By now, you must have realized that what PHP can do. So, this is all about the full form of PHP, and its various other aspects.