Windows updates work for improving the performance of the system, but they create issues in some cases that impact the user experience. These Updates usually include service packs, driver updates and Windows patches. It can become quite frustrating when Sedlauncher.exe is taking a high amount of data from your RAM, especially since it leaves a little bit of memory to run other tasks such as opening the webpage or playing any video. Therefore it becomes important to know how to fix Sedluancher.exe High disk usage on Windows 10. In this article, you will get thorough details to resolve Sedluancher.exe High disk usages easily.
How to Fix Sedlauncher.exe High Disk Usages on Windows 10?
What Is Sedlauncher.exe?
The Sedlauncher.exe file has come in the Windows Update KB4023057. Aim of Sedlauncher.exe is to optimize the ‘Windows Update Service components’ speed in your operating system. Many users have already reported that this process Sedlauncher.exe associated with the file results in high disk utilization in the system. Sedluancher.exe supports various versions of Windows 10 such as Version 1507, Version 1607, Version 1709, Version 1703, Version 1803 and Version 1511.
It is located in the ‘C:\Program Files ‘within the folder’ rempl. ‘ which is included in the Windows Remediation Service for speeding up and safeguarding the Windows 10 update process. Sedluancher.exe works like other Windows Update support programs like sedsvc.exe, Luadgmgt.dll, rempl.exe, and Sedplugins.dll etc.
- How to Boot Windows 10 into Last Known Good Configuration
- How to Fix Undefined Network in Windows 10
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10
How to Resolve Sedlauncher.exe Full Disk Usage on Windows 10?
Disable the Sedlauncher.exe From the Task Manager
- First, go on the taskbar, and right-click on the Windows icon then select the Task Manager from the options list.
- Now it will open Task Manager and find Windows Remediation Service in the list.
- You need to right-click on the Windows Remediation Service and click on the End Task.
- At last, Restart the computer for making changes.
- You have disabled the Windows Remediation services, so now program files like Sedlauncher.exe, exe, Rempl.exe, and WaaSMedic.exe will not work.
Turn off Sedlauncher.exe in Services
- First press Windows and R key on your keyboard to launch Run Utility then type services.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter key.
- Now, find Windows Remediation Service in the services and right-click on Windows Remediation Service then choose properties.
- Click on the Startup type below the General tab then choose Disable in the dropdown menu and select Apply.
- At last click on the Stop from the service status and restart your system to complete the process.
Block Sedlauncher.exe By Windows Firewall or Antivirus
You can disable or block Sedluancher.exe from the antivirus or windows firewall if you don’t want it to run in your system
In this article, we have offered complete information on how to fix Sedlauncher.exe high disk usage on Windows 10. So as we have previously discussed, it can become quite frustrating when Sedlauncher.exe is taking a high amount of data from your RAM, especially since it leaves a little bit of memory to run other tasks such as opening the webpage or playing any video. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Fix Windows 10 Reset Problem
- How to Download Windows Visio 2020 Free
- How to Fix Windows TaskBar not Hiding Issue
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working on Windows
- How to Fix Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10
- How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10
- How to Fix WSAPPX High-Risk Usage Issue on Windows 10