Search engine optimization refers to the full form of SEO. It is the process of digital marketing, devised to improve the frequency of traffic coming to a website from natural search results on search engines. The frequency of traffic means the quality and the quantity of traffic.
What is the Full Form of SEO? SEO Full Form
- Quality of traffic means attracting visitors who are genuinely interested in the product offered by the website.
- Quantity of traffic means a high number of traffic of the right visitors visiting through the search engine results pages.
- Natural traffic is the traffic that comes free of cost without placing ads.
Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing, AOL, Altavista, Netscape, etc are also available on the Internet.
Classification of SEO
The process of SEO is categorized into two types:
- On Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
On Page SEO
On Page SEO is the technique of optimizing the content on website pages, by making modifications according to the algorithms of the Search Engines so that the search engine considers the website relevant for a particular theme. Improvement is made by formatting the content of the website with right markups such as the HTML tags like Meta tags, header tags, bold, italics, ordered lists, etc. to emphasize the primary keywords and the theme of the website. Some other aspects of On Page SEO techniques for designing a search engine friendly website are-
- A higher number of indexed pages in the search engine
- Regular content updating
- Simple and easily accessible navigation Menu
- Google Sitemap Creation and Submission
- Optimized Images.
Off-page optimization is a process to also the traffic on a website by the following methods:
- Article Marketing- It is based on the technique of intelligent marketing of quality articles to influence SEO by elevating link popularity and search engine rankings.
- Link building- It is a process of gaining votes by a website from other websites having a similar theme with an anchor text.
- Directory Submissions- Submission of the website on major directories and industry-specific portals results in boosting up the search engine ranking of the website.
A few other Off-page optimizations are Forum and Blog Posting, social media marketing and press release.
Keywords are the phrases that a visitor may type in a search box while searching for kind of websites. It is an integral aspect of search engine optimization, full form of ‘SEO’ technique.
Components focus while selecting Primary Keywords are-
- Keyword Phrases
- Keyword Length
- Keyword Value Pyramid.
Importance of SEO
- SEO practices improve the visitor experience and usability of a web site.
- Visitors trust search engines and if it displays any website in the top positions for the keywords the visitor is searching results in building trust in the website.
- SEO acts as an amplifier in the process of social promotion of your web site. If the searched website is found and liked by people, they tend to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media channels.
- If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site can lead it to win the game by attracting more customers and more sales.
Lists of a few SME tools-
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Rank Ranger
- Screaming Frog
- Moz Local
- SEO Quake