This ‘There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC’ error on windows 10 may occur due to various reasons in your system. When your system faces any issue while booting then windows run in the automatic repair wizard and tries to fix the errors. So if you face this error on your PC, then we will give you different ways to tackle the issue How to Reset Windows 10 easily.
There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error On Windows 10
Why “There was a problem resetting your PC” error Happens?
This error makes your window impossible to reset or boot, and you will see different messages in case of this type of error. So here is a list of all error messages:
- There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made.
- There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.
- There was a problem resetting your laptop or computer.
- Can’t reset your PC.
How To Fix “There was a problem resetting your PC” error On Windows
From Boot-Up CD or USB Drive
- You can get the Windows 10 install files by the official website of Microsoft for creating a boot-up CD or USB Drive. So here is a process to windows 10 Factory Reset From boot up a CD or USB drive.
- First, you need to plug the USB drive or insert CD then select Windows 10 factory reset.
Now, follow all of the instructions at the screen for completing the reset process.
From System File Checker
There is a huge possibility that your PC has some corrupted system files blocking it from resetting the PC. So you can run the System File Checker (SFC) that allows you to repair these files then try resetting your PC again. So here is a process to run system file checker and resolve the issue:
- First, you need to search for the Command Prompt in the search bar and right-click on it and select Run as administrator or you can use Windows and X key and select Command Prompt (Admin). In case there is no Command Prompt (Admin) option in the list then you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Now, type sfc /scannow and press the enter key for starting the scan of your PC.
- After the successful completion of the scan, all of the errors of the system will be repaired automatically.
- It helps you to repair all of the problematic files regarding the error of “There was a problem resetting your PC” and repair it properly.
- At last, restart your system/PC and check that for the issue again.
- How to Fix Windows Key not Working on Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows 10 Screen Saver Not Working
- How to Fix Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10
- How to Boot Windows 10 into Last Known Good Configuration
- How to Fix Undefined Network in Windows 10
From system restore point
You can use a system restore point from the procedure given below:
- First, you need to press Windows, and S keys then go in the system restore option and select Create a restore point.
- Now you will see a new window of System Properties so click on the System Restore.
- Click on the Next after opening the System Restore window and check Show more restore points options.
- At last, the desired restore point then click on Next and follow all of the instructions at the screen for completing the procedure. The issue will be resolved after the system is restored.
- In case you can’t find a system restore point then you can go in the Control Panel then search for Recovery and select Recovery. Now go to Configure System Restore and select the Configure then Turn on system protection for enabling this option.
You can Disable ReAgentc.exe
- Similar to the previous process, you need to open the Command Prompt and type in reagentc /disable then press Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, Re-enable the ReAgentc.exe process through reagentc /enable command and Press Enter key again.
- At last close, the Command Prompt then restart your computer. After a reboot of your PC, you can try to reset your system once more.
How To Rename System and Software Registry?
- First, open Command Prompt and use the following commands in it:
Type cd %windir%\system32\config then press Enter key
Next, type ren system system.001 then press Enter key
Lastly, type ren software software.001 then press Enter key
- After completion of the process, type EXIT to close Command Prompt then restart the PC and check for the issues again.
In this article, we have offered complete information on “There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC Error” on Windows 10. So as we have previously discussed When your system faces any issue while booting then windows runs in the automatic repair wizard and tries to fix the errors. We hope that you understood the process, but you can ask any question if you have queries.
You may be also interested in:
- How to Fix Windows Task Bar Not Hiding
- How to Fix Microphone Not Working on Windows
- How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10
- How to Fix WSAPPX High-Risk Issue in Windows 10
- How to Fix Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10
- How to Fix Sedlauncher.exe High Disk Usages Error
- How to Fix Plugged in Not Charging issue on Windows
- How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working Error